Join the DHS student team! We're recruiting for student staff for all campus locations: Roaring Fork, The Lodge, Café 65, Sanatorium Grounds coffee shops, Catering, Alpine Express, and Clyde's. Positions include: cashiers, checkers, baristas, servers, kitchen prep, cooks, bakery, receiving and dish room. We are also looking for well-qualified student managers with outstanding leadership skills.
Students can apply on S.E.A.N.:
https://uccs.joinhandshake.com/ and must ask for a guest pass if they are not registered for summer classes.
Why join our team?
- Be part of an award winning team.
- The starting rate is $10.20 per hour for general staff and up to $13.75 for student directors.
- Earn Meals: General student staff receives a meal for every 8 hours worked and student managers earn a meal for every 4 hours worked.
- We work around you: You choose the days and times you can work from available shifts. You choose the positions you'd like to work based on your experience and qualifications. We understand that you are university students first with multiple responsibilities between course work, extracurricular activities, and working.
- Variety of convenient locations: With units across campus, and varied hours of operation, you can work close to home or class to accommodate your busy schedule.
- We can train you: Whether this is your first job or you have previous food service experience, DHS has a position that fits your skill level and experience.
- Explore our Campus Community: Opportunity to meet a cross section of the UCCS community - co-workers, faculty and administrative staff.
- Work-study or regular student payroll is accepted.
- Advancement Opportunities: Our student team is entirely student run; student managers interview, hire, evaluate, train, and manage operations. Develop your leadership skills as a student manager, student unit manager or student director.
Make a Difference Projects
DHS has a very talented and creative student team, and we want to hear your ideas. Every student staff member has the opportunity to submit a Make a Difference Project that could lead to measureable improvements in DHS. Your project MUST positively impact food quality, service delivery, or increase unit level financial performance. Students must fully develop and execute the project from start to finish. Data must be collected that show the program is successful. To illustrate, if you develop a project that aims to reduce the number of compostable to-go wares used in retail, you will have to compare before and after data to determine positive or negative results. We can assist you in gathering data through our IT systems, but it will be your responsibility for the analyses.
DHS has considerable depth of resources to draw on, so projects must be specific, measureable, achievable, relevant to the business, and completed on a timely basis. Recipe suggestions, re-arranging dining room layouts, posting marketing flyers, suggesting theme events, updating training manuals, and other routine suggestions or changes will not make it through the approval stage.
If your Make a Difference Project is approved and achieves desired results, you will be awarded a $125 bonus. There is no limit to how many projects you can submit. You can submit your project using this electronic form: Make a Difference Project Form.
*Please note that students are restricted to working no more than 25 hours per week during the academic year and international students are restricted to working no more than 20 hours per week.